div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Final Countdown






I spent my last few days of tour in Fredericksburg. We played in Norfolk Monday at Relative Theory Records which is tragically closing at the end of the month! Our friends Macky and Julie just graduated high school! Congrats girls!


Tuesday we played in Richmond at Alley Katz with Zulu Pearls (amazing), Silent Film Star (cool bros!) and Set by Satellite. I'm not one for talking trash but everyone knows the deal with Alley Katz. The show was delayed for a half hour due to a thunderstorm. Two of my favs, Rachel and Abby showed up. They are the only reason I would ever move to Richmond.


Wednesday night Erik and I went out to eat and braced ourselves for an intense night of TV watching. I have to say that despite there being no hot guys on Top Chef 3, I am still going to watch.


Thursday, we played at the Loft - NO COMMENT.


Friday I was quite sick. I suffered from a huge allergy attack Wednesday night that made me feel worse and worse each day. We played at Strangeland Records in Annadale with the Datamines who are probably the catchiest band I've heard in a while.


And our final night of tour was at the Warehouse Next Door in DC for Exotic Fever Fest. We love the staff at the Warehouse, James and Gideon are the coolest people in the world. Gideon said you can tell if someone should be your friend by if they like Prince or David Bowie. I agree with him and LOVE both artists so I guess we are friends!


All in all...tour was a success and I can't wait to go back out in the fall.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    mmmmm... dinosaur

    Also good to hear your tour finished up well in DC. As always, I said I was going to come out and see you folks play, but didn't.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Mary Worrell said…

    I'm glad to see you managed to salvage a decent photo of me...even if my eyes tell the truth (Erik and I had too many shots).

    I really enjoyed seeing you...you have to come back to Norfolk for more than a show!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Lindsey Martin said…

    your headband looks good. like really good. like too good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home