div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Dismemberment Plan...Reunites!!!




For 2 nights only! All personal revelations aside, this was the greatest night of my life. Dplan was in full force and everyone in the audience enjoyed the set. If they didn't, they were probably deaf.

They played almost every song I wanted to hear. It seems like everyone has the same favorite parts in songs. For example, EVERYONE sang along with the funky line "Joe got caught aboard a Boe with 7 tons of opium." During the fan fav, The Ice of Boston (really all of their songs are though), the stage was so crowded that Travis had to remove his guitar and Eric had to stop playing. My favorite D Plan member (and my sometimes record producer), Mr. Jason Caddell, was only half viewable throughout the whole show but I did see him crack a few smiles. To finally see Joe play Girl O'Clock was beyond amazing. I am kinda serious when I say I can die now. Last night also made me sad that I turned down about 4 opportunities to see D Plan in college.

D Plan played about a 2 hour set and played 2 encores. My all time favorite D Plan song and one of my all time favorites, The Other Side, was played during the 1st encore, I think. I've included a crappy video of it. I asked Jason if they would play at my wedding and he laughed in my face. Sorry folks, I tried.

DISMEMBERMENT PLAN FOREVA!!!!!!!!!



12 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1- you look really pretty
    2- that is the tool you've got it bad for? he's short

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mer said…

    who is this? i obviously know you. and haha no that is my good friend ryan. he is a tool though. ha.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    I almost came down this weekend for the show. Glad you had fun!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Ryan K said…

    whatever just cause i yelled along to every single lyric out of tune. a lot of tools were doing that.

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Mer said…

    ryan, i guess i am a tool, too then! PLAY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Curry said…

    Other Side was 2nd encore. I requested it :)

    --the guy who got to hold Travis' guitar during Ice of Boston(!)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    2nd encore, duh, mer. wamiq=bigger tool than ryan, yawn

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Curry said…

    I don't know Ryan, but I'm not going to deny that the above is probably true...

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mer said…

    Be nice! Wamiq is just as excited as Ryan and I were!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Did you figure out who had the first post? what a wierdo - though it is obvious the person knows you... not sure what that says about the friends you keep. Anyway... it looks like you are about to pick Ryan's nose in that pic - just thought I would mention that. I'm assuming that's Ryan since I have never met him.

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Mer said…

    Pious, I said the same thing after we took the picture. Ha.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger George Washington-Carver said…

    Friendship Compatibility of Aquarius with Cancer

    It's sometimes difficult for you to understand your Cancer friend, but you've always enjoyed a challenge. The fact is, the two of you have very different needs. Cancer longs to feel loved, while you crave intellectual stimulation. Fortunately, it's easy for you to feel affection for the kooky Crab, whose goofy sense of humor keeps you in stitches. This sign also takes a deep interest in history and can provide you with hours of entertainment discussing the Battle of Hastings or the fashions from Roaring Twenties. Water sports like canoeing or scuba diving could interest you both. Alternately, collecting antiques might be something you can bond over. Model making is yet another activity the two of you appreciate. If the Crab takes care not to smother you, you'll make an extra effort to attend to their comfort.

    Awww ... JUST AN FYI I DO LOVE YOU!

    Have a good day!

    xoxo
    xox
    N
    i
    c

     

Post a Comment

<< Home