div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Monday, February 26, 2007

Muy Guapo


Please do not be fooled by this post...this is not a celebrity blog. I just want to write a little about my current actor crush- Gael Garcia Bernal. He is 2 of the things I would never date; short and Mexican. I usually am not attracted to Mexican/Hispanic guys. This is likely because my dad is Mexican. Erik has the same thing with Asian girls since his mom is Asian so it can't be that uncommon. Gael is also waaaay short - 5' 6" according to imdb.com. Even though I am barely 5' 1 1/2", I am really only attracted to guys who are at least 5'10". Despite both of these strikes against him, I would totally go out on a date with Gael if he ever asked. He wouldn't have to worry because I almost always wear flats. I would probably be super embarrassed the whole time because I can hardly speak any Spanish (thanks, Dad!). I would also have the hotel scene from the beginning of La Mala Educacion in my head the whole time and be giggling non-stop. Other gals I know are also fans of Diego Luna, GGB's BFF. I have to say that he doesn't do it for me. He reminds me of a Hispanic Max from Doogie Howser, MD. Not like that is a bad thing, it's just not my thing. So in order to impress my future boyfriend, I'd like to say, Gael, estas muy caliente!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Lindsey Martin said…

    Mer, i love him.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You may want to rethink this infatuation due his third strike which you forgot… he’s not Jewish.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Mer said…

    I am already making 2 exceptions for GGB so I am willing to forgo his lack of Jewishness as well.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The height thing is ridiculous... oh yeah, Garcia must be thrilled he's an exception to your rule, 'que suerte, no?'

    And btw, what's stopping you from learning Spanish now?

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *"Eres muy caliente," chica.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello My Future Boyfriend This Is What I Sound Like...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home