div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Year in Lists

I stole this survey from Shiv's 2007 revue. What a boring life I lead!


1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?:
Went on a legitimate tour at legitimate venues.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?:
No, I don’t think I had any.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?:
No.

5. What countries did you visit?:
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?:
A boyfriend?

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
SXSW but that is all I am sayin’.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Getting a new job probably.

9. What was your biggest failure?:
Making a pact and breaking it all the time.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
On the last two days of the Stars tour I got really really sick and wanted to pass out during our last song but made it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?:
Invisalign.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
My sister is doing better I guess that counts?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?:
Taylor from The Rachel Zoe Project. What a bitch. How can anyone be that mean? I guess if I’m going this route I’ll also say Kim from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. My ass you are a singer.

14. Where did most of your money go?:
Savings and Invisalign (noticing a trend?)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?:
SXSW.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?:
Anything on The Rhumb Line.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened?: MUCH happier
ii. thinner or fatter?: I think fatter but it is right after Christmas.
iii. richer or poorer?: Poorer I think.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
Read more.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Buying clothes. Having a mall right at your metro stop can suck sometimes.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?:
Saw family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?:
No comment.

23. How many one-night stands?:
None.

24. What was your favorite TV program?:
Anything on Bravo, Food Network and HGTV.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
I don’t think so.

26. What was the best book you read?:
This is tough but probably Things the Grandchildren Should know by E from the EELS.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
Thanks to Jared and woxy I’ve discovered a lot of music but Mason Proper might be my favorite right now.

28. What did you want and get?:
Invisalign.

29. What did you want and not get?:
A boyfriend.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m so behind on movies but I finally saw The Dark Knight and loved it. Slumdog Millionaire is a close second. I think I liked all the movies I saw this year Rachel Getting Married aside. It was too depressing for me.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I started the day off by going to lunch with my family to Jaleo and then worked on the Jukebox the Ghost video for Victoria.

32. Whats one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
A boyfriend.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?:
I’ve been dressing up more for work. Does that count?

34. What kept you sane?:
Dottie.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
Easy. Robert Pattinson.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?:
Obama winning the election. God Bless.

37. Who did you miss?:
All my friends who live more than 5 miles from me.

38. Who was the best new person you met?:
Jared of course. We officially met in January at the Headlights show but had been communicating online for a few months. The runner up would be Michael who plays in Title Tracks with me.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Hope.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
”Pardon my soul, the last time was the last time.”
Mason Proper

2 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger George Washington-Carver said…

    I thought the first line was meant to be ironic because of the picture below!

    …and then I continued to read, and I was like "ohhh…"

    "Maybe it's time to stop not doing what you pretended you can do and can't, and start doing the thing that you can't do, but can no longer pretend that you can."
    -JB

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    I'm glad I could give you your best book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home