div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Paging Mr. Herman


When I started this blog, the whole point was not to "blog" in the typical sense. But I recently read an article online that inspired me. So, if you are wondering what direction this post will take I will first say I almost entitled it "Wait, They Don't Love You Like I Love You." So, if there are any Pee-wee haters out there, you may want to skip this site and go straight to www.thomaskinkade.com.

I love Pee-wee Herman/Paul Reubens in an undefinable way. A certain friend was once confused about one of her professors. She said, "I'm not sure if I him to be my father, my boyfriend or if I just want to be him." This nicely sums up my adoration for the man(-child), the myth and the legend.

For those of you (probably my grandmother) who shrug Pee-wee off as a pervert I say, "Get over it." The past is the past and you may want to visit http://www.annegeddes.com/ instead of read this entry. Pee-wee's Playhouse is everything good about my childhood. I feel like everyday I quote Pee-wee or visualize Pterri sleeping (the cutest thing I have ever seen I swear to g-d). When I learned last summer that Cartoon Network was bringing back the show, I was as excited. How excited? I was as excited as the day (when I was 7-8) when my dad told me there was going to be a Cartoon Network. "You mean, I can turn it on at midnight and they will STILL be showing cartoons?" Even today I watch the show and laugh like I did when I was 5. There is something so magical about the boy who never grew up and lives in a magical playhouse full of talking furniture, tiny dinosaurs, and cute robots. Pee-wee is basically the impish older brother I never had but always wanted.

One day, I hope to meet the man himself, shake his hand (and maybe get in a hug ;) ) and ask him to marry me.


4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This would've been the perfect blog to boast my best drawing ever, "Pee Wee in the Matrix"

    There will never be a finer work of art made...

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Mary Worrell said…

    You know, Mer, PeeWee is David's favorite person/thing/movie in the world, too!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Lindsey Martin said…

    I'm reading this to Helen over the phone.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love pee-wee! I mean come on we even have a dog named dottie because of the movie! Also brad thinks our family is crazy because we love pee-wee so much! I can re-call of one holiday where we have not talked about pee-wee and i love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home