div id="twitter_div"> follow me on Twitter

Protector of the Sea

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cake Parade

"And if we try to raise their memory you know it's only second best to all the boys who never will who never will be men." -Georgie James, "Cake Parade."

A person who was very important in the shaping of who I am today became a tragedy of the Iraq War in August of last year. I wanted to write about it back then but I guess it was still just all too much for me to comprehend. It was brought to my attention that Scott Kirkpatrick was highlighted in this month's issue of Details.
http://www.men.style.com/details/features/full?id=content_6260
While some soldiers will never get to live as men, it is clear that Scott not only lived his an honorable man who stood for his ideals but was also a truly poetic soul in every sense of the word. Of course memories are never as good as having someone around but almost every one's memories of Scott will make them smile.
We all miss him but we are also very proud of him.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    Wow. Amazing article. I talked to Kevin when it happened, but this brings it back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home